1. Follow more people. Research shows a correlation between the number of people followed and the number of followers.
3. Use Twiends to find new Twitter users you can connect with. Once you’re listed on the platform, other users with similar interests will also be able to find and follow you.
4. Optimize your Twitter bio. Users who want to find out more about you will inevitably visit your Twitter bio. Make sure it’s professional, complete and that it does a great job of representing you and your business.
5. Use links in your tweets. Tweets with links get more retweets than those without.
6. Use relevant keywords in your bio so you rank in Twitter search. Don’t forget to include your city or region name to attract local users.
7. Use relevant hashtags in your posts. Tweets with hashtags get at least 2x more engagement, and will help you attract new followers who are searching for those keywords.
8. Ask for retweets. Tweets that include “Please retweet” in their text get 4x more retweets.
9. Find people you know by uploading your email contacts to Twitter. They are likely to follow you back, especially since they know you in real life.
10. Include images with your tweets. Researchsuggests that tweets with images receive 18% more engagement than those without.